I ABSOLUTELY ROCK!

I ABSOLUTELY ROCK!
DON'T BE AFRAID OF DYING, BE AFRAID OF NOT TRYING!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

FALL 2011 TREND ALERT: NAVAJO INSPIRED PRINTS AND NATIVE CULTURE!

One thing I love about the season of Fall are the seasons rich colors that it brings. Rich reds, oranges, browns,etc. bring such a warmth to the season and to fashion!

Some of my favorite designers this Fall are intermixing the rich colors of with the inspirations of our founding fathers of the Native land. Santa Fe inspired fabrics and Navajo inspired prints are the driving looks for this Fall season and I’m excited to share some looks from Fall Fashion Week to that I feel will bring such excitement to the edgy fashionista this Fall!

 

1-DG-Fall-2011-Milan-Fashi

 

I absolutely love this Dolce and Gabbana dress for its colors and prints! I’m a lover of fitted dresses and even more a fan of edgy designs! This is a must-have for the Fall season! Hip look and fun for a night out to party!

Now I am a huge fan of designer Proenza Schouler for his vibrant prints and edgy style, but more importantly because they engineer their fabrics themselves. They definitely got inspiration from the Native culture textiles and blankets and modernized the look to fit today’s trendsetter needs. PS never seems to lose touch of their fearless nature to go against the grain in creating fashion looks that inspire our minds and enrich our culture.

 

 

 

Now doesn’t this look just chic and comfy!?!?! Isabel Marant created a very casually, chic look with inspiration from the Native American culture that can compliment a nice Fall day running errands. I love the boots and how they compliment the overall Navajo-inspired look! A must-have in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment